Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS is a global leader in agricultural livelihoods programming, and promotes resilience building in impoverished, disaster-affected, and climate change-impacted areas around the world. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently works in 32 of Nigeria’s 36 states, focusing on agriculture and livelihoods, health, and emergency programming.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Director – Program Management and Sustainability
- The Director, Program Management and Sustainability (DPMS) will support the CoP in providing technical and programmatic guidance and coordination to ensure that results are met.
- The DPMS is accountable for all project management related activities, and for ensuring that consortium members, resource partners, sub-recipients and staff deliver high quality programming.
- S/he oversees the development, implementation, and monitoring of work plans according to agreed project approaches and strategies, and established technical program quality standards, regulations, and best practice.
- The DPMS also provides leadership for initiatives to promote sustainability of OVC service delivery by engaging with and building influence with key stakeholders including the Government of Nigeria and other donors, as well as the private sector.
- The DPMS will typically assume the duties of the Chief of Party while s/he is away on leave or travel duty.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Master’s in Public Health, Social Work, Education, Child Development, or related field;
- At least eight years of experience designing, implementing and managing OVC projects in a development context.
- Demonstrated state-of-the-art experience at a mid- or senior level in at least two of the following technical areas: child protection, household economic strengthening, social protection, education, health and nutrition including care and support for CLHIV and ALHIV; quality improvement; social services systems strengthening, OVC policy and advocacy;
- Extensive knowledge of policy, practice and structures within the social welfare and health sectors in Nigeria;
- Deep familiarity with PEPFAR and USAID project management and reporting processes, indicators and guidelines;
- Demonstrated experience in managing, coordinating and supervising a team working with state and local community organizations, families and communities;
- Demonstrated ability to engage and represent OVC priorities and issues effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, at national and sub-national levels;
- A track record of overseeing the design and implementation of operational research;
- Proven experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English; and
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, as required.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: email@example.com
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)