- April 8, 2021
- Posted by: CSR-in-Action
- Categories: Feature Articles, Press Releases
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc (“Flour Mills” or “FMN”), Nigeria’s leading integrated food business and agro-allied Group (the “Group”), and owners of the iconic brand, ‘Golden Penny,’ today released its 2019/2020 sustainability report at the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The report which is titled, ‘Feeding the Nation and Enriching lives through Sustainable Operations,’ details our progress in each of our focus areas, as well as our commitment to contribute to global efforts to combat climate change and promote a more prosperous and inclusive future. The Report was developed with input from stakeholders and in line with GRI (Global Reporting Initiative).
Highlights of the report include:
- FMN’s multifaceted stakeholder engagement strategy which helps the group build strong relationships with mapped stakeholders as well as better understand and address key concerns and expectations
- FMN’s Backward Integration program which acts as a strategic imperative to create value in our supply chain and reduce dependence on imported raw materials
- FMN’s commitment to adding value to society through various programmes and initiatives within our operations and operating areas nationwide
- FMN’s leadership structures and procedures which help to maintain strong corporate governance across the business and translate strategy into action
- FMN’s responsibility towards the environment including our operational ecosystem which covers sustainable packaging solutions, waste management, and energy efficiency
- Our trade sustainability strategy which is based on an empowered workforce which we achieved through diversity, inclusion, employee engagement, workplace protections, and adherence to all labour practices.
Omoboyede Olusanya, Group Managing Director/CEO said:
“This report provides insight into our commitment as a business to continue to engage in the most sustainable practices which directly impacts our environment and social performance. We are incredibly happy with what we have achieved, and we are ready to increase our efforts in creating a resilient future for the Nation.”
Read the full FMN Sustainability Report here: http://fmnplc.com/sustainability-report.
About Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
Incorporated in September 1960 and quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange since 1978, Flour Mills of Nigeria (FMN) Plc, owners of the iconic Golden Penny Food brand is one of Nigeria’s leading food and agro-allied companies. With a broad basket of food products and robust pan-Nigerian production, distribution, and supply chain network, FMN is a fully integrated and diversified food and agro-allied group.
FMN group strives in its purpose to “Feed the Nation, Everyday” through its five core food value chains: Grains, Sweeteners, Oils and Fats, Proteins, and Starches. FMN creates value along the entire food chain with its “farm-to-table” model by providing inputs and know-how to farmers, aggregating and sourcing crops and raw materials to supply its world-class processing facilities across Nigeria, and distributing its innovative food brands to its customers.
More information can be found at www.fmnplc.com