Register to attend the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards Sustainability Reporting online training and develop capacity to identify and manage risks, improve business practices, seize new opportunities for improved economic, social and environmental performance, and produce globally accepted sustainability report.
|Online||₦ 300,000||28 - 31 July, 2020|
|** Training in the UK is valued at £1,570 (VAT inclusive)|
The GRI Standards are the first global standards for sustainability reporting and aligns with other global regulatory reporting requirements such as the United Nations Global Compact’s Communication on Progress, the Nigerian Sustainable Banking Principles (NSBP), the United Nations Principles on Responsible Investment (UNPRI) and the IFC Performance Standards.
The Standards feature a modular, interrelated structure, and represent global best practice for reporting on a range of economic, environmental and social impacts. This is one of a kind opportunity as currently, CSR-in-Action is the only organisation offering this training locally; please visit https://www.globalreporting.org/services/preparation/certified-training-partners/Pages/Nigeria.aspx
Testimonies About our GRI training
This training has opened my eyes to the concept of Sustainability. I used to think that the GRI Training was just for sustainability reports. However, being here has made me realise that it covers the whole aspect of sustainability.
CSR-in-Action provided a very interactive training and this has opened our minds to a better understanding of sustainability reporting. The training was very impactful.
This training was a major eye opener. I was glad that at the end of the session I was able to identify about 15 initiatives, changes etc that can be made to our sustainability programmes and reporting.
In this training we will teach the requirements for publishing a sustainability report along an established framework created by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
• Sustainability context and introduction to GRI
• Prepare: Plan your GRI sustainability reporting process
• Connect: Engaging with stakeholders and enhancing the credibility of the sustainability reporting process
• Incorporating the framework of the NSBP and other relevant local standards/frameworks
• Defining the content of the sustainability report
• Monitoring information for inclusion in the sustainability report
• Final preparation and communication of the sustainability report
Why Produce a CSR/Sustainability Report?
- Improve organisational strategy and management systems
- Increase employee motivation, morale, and retention, and attract new talents
- Enhance organisational planning and decision making
- Reduce risks and improve management practices
- Strengthen internal data management and reporting system
- Improve stakeholder engagement and relationships
- Enhance transparency, accountability, increase trust and brand reputation
- Increase competitive advantage
- Reduce/mitigate organisation’s negative social, economic and environmental impacts
- Gain requisite knowledge and skill to seamlessly prepare a sustainability report
- Provide a handy reference for company financial, social and environmental data
- Attain local and international best practises
Who Should Attend this GRI Training?
Organisations and Individuals with interest in sustainability reporting along the GRI Standards framework and who aspire to learn and implement the process. Managers and Officers from the following departments:
- Corporate Affairs
- Quality Assurance
- Human Resources
- Project Management
- Supply Chain/Procurement
- Credit/Risk Assessment
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Process/Packaging Departments
- Community and Investor Relations
- Sustainability Communications or Assurance.
₦300,000 (Three Hundred Thousand Naira, only) – exclsv VAT
Register to Attend
Contact the training co-ordinator