Led by a board and management which collectively have over 90 years of communications and corporate governance experience, CSR-in-Action started the journey of GRI sustainability reporting in Nigeria and has continued to be an established player in this area:
- We are the first sub-Saharan licensee of AccountAbility AA1000AS, the assurance service. We have assured Access Bank’s sustainability report for the last 5 years and have worked with other clients, including MTN and BATN Foundation
- Our Chief Executive, ‘Bekeme Masade-Olowola, is the first West African to be a Board Member of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Amsterdam, the foremost sustainability standard-setter in the world
- We are the first and only certified GRI Standards Trainer in Nigeria. We pioneered GRI training in Nigeria in 2011 with a South African GRI partner, and have held multiple training sessions since. Our training impact has influenced the growth of GRI certified sustainability reporting across all major economic sectors in Nigeria. We are also a GRI Gold Member
- Clients we have worked with on sustainability reporting and stakeholder engagement (both general and in-house training) include KPMG, Seven Energy, Shell, Statoil, First Bank, Oando Plc, Total E&P, ExxonMobil, Chevron, UNICEM, GTB, FCMB, FMN, and many more
- We write GRI reports for a large per cent of Nigerian-domiciled businesses, including MTN, Axxela, Flour Mills of Nigeria, Diageo, Total Nigeria, The Nigerian Exchange Group, IBPlc, and Diageo.
- We have trained well over 350 senior professionals in national and multinational enterprises on specialised CSR courses, including but not limited to Stakeholder Engagement and Sustainability Reporting
We designed and launched the region’s first-ever tool for enhancing corporate-community relations, the Community Engagement Standards in 2019.