ACT Foundation is seeking NGOs, CBOS, INGOS duly registered to implement social development initiatives or programs within their respective countries to apply for the ACT Foundation 2019 Grant Cycle.
- Health: ACT Foundation is avid about contributing to the development of a healthy and productive nation. They believe that if individuals live healthy lives then they can be empowered to lift themselves out of poverty and be productive members of the society.
- Entrepreneurship: ACT Foundation will support initiatives that improve the lives of individuals and families through Income generation and economic empowerment.
- Vocational Education: The foundation’s objective is to partner with non –profit organisation that will harness the capabilities of the rural and urban poor population by supplementing them with knowledge, skill sets, tools and finance so that they can live as a productive citizen in a global society.
- Environment: The foundation will partner with non – profit organisations with a focus on critical environmental problems in Nigeria such as, Water and Sanitation (Waste Management).
- Leadership: The foundation recognises that they have leadership challenges as a nation and there is a need to build a new generation of credible, accountable and ethical leaders who will propel the continent towards sustainable economic development.
In order to be eligible for the ACT Foundation grant, applicants must:
- Be a non-profit/non-governmental organisation registered under the relevant Laws of the country where it is implementing;
- Have been registered not less than two (2) years;
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary;
- Program/Initiative must be implemented in Nigeria or within Africa;
- Program must be innovative and impact driven;
- The duration of the proposed program must be within a maximum of 12 months.
Capacity Building for Non-profits, NGOs, CBOS
ACT Foundation is committed to developing and strengthening the organisations we fund to ensure they are sustainable. The support we offer will also aid our partners deliver more effective and efficient outcomes to the beneficiaries.
It will provide support in the following areas:
- Organisational development
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Impact measurement
- Board governance and support
- Professional development and training for organisations staff
- The schedule for trainings will be indicated on our website and applications requested. Partner organisations will be given priority.
- ACT Foundation grants WILL NOT be extended to the following:
- A branch of government or a government entity;
- Any entity that has mismanaged other Foundations funds in the past;
- Political parties, campaigns groupings, institutions or their subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Organisations that advocate, promote, or espouse inhumane policies, illegal activities or terrorism; and
- Any organisation that has not signed a grant agreement with the Foundation
- The Foundation does not generally make grants to for – profit organisations
- ACT Foundation does not make grants in support of the purchase, construction, or renovation of buildings; however, the Foundation may support the purchase of equipment that is essential to the successful outcome of the Foundation’s funded projects.
How to Apply
STEP 1: COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION
- All initial applications will be made via the online application portal. Unsolicited applications will not be considered (ONLY organisations that meet all the eligibility criteria will be considered for funding).
Only organisations whose applications are approved by management will be contacted to submit full proposals.
STEP 2: REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL.
- Only successful applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal with a detailed budget for the grants.
- Projects must indicate a strong Monitoring and Evaluation Plan as well as show a sustainability plan.
- Applicants will be requested to submit references and due diligence will be conducted on all organisations.
- Applicants may be required to submit further information to provide clarity on projects.
- Curriculum Vitae of all members of the project team should be attached to proposal
- Any conflict of interest should be declared at the application stage
- All proposals will be reviewed by an independent selection committee.
- All applicants will receive final feedback on proposals sent and any enquires at this stage can be made to ACT foundation programs team via firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 3: DUE DILIGENCE VISIT /BACKGROUND CHECK
- Upon final approval of the proposal, organisations will be formally notified and presented with the foundation’s MOU to be signed by the selected organisations before disbursement of funds.